TExEStest.org is committed to empowering our fellow educators. Because of this, we'd like to offer a $500 academic award to any student pursuing their undergraduate or graduate college degree to become a future teacher. The TExEStest.org Future Teacher Scholarship was created to help future educators along on the path to reach their future students.
General Scholarship Information
Scholarship Amount: $500
One Scholarship Awarded Annually
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
The winner of this award will be chosen based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university and plan on attending in the following year.
- High school seniors who are graduating and meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to become a future teacher.
- Have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed in your degree.
- Agree to provide a digital photograph of self and a quote for display on TExEStest.org if chosen as the award winner by our selection committee.
Following the deadline, the winner will be notified and the award sent by check directly to the recipient's permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). Due to this, contest winners will need to provide TExEStest.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by TExEStest.org. The application process is completely online. Read the scholarship terms and conditions.
Resources for Future Teachers
Teaching is an important profession, and takes a lot of dedication and work to achieve. Applying for scholarships can help pay for tuition and school supplies, which can help students pay for potentially expensive education degrees. There will be exams to take in order to get certified as well. In Texas, that is the TExES exam. There are many resources out there to help you register and study for this exam, including study guides and practice TExES tests.
Meet our 2022 Scholarship Winner!
Tami Smith: Future Texas Teacher
1. How does receiving this scholarship from TExEStest.org help you further your education and ultimately reach your career goals?
Receiving this scholarship helps me further my education by helping me be able to support my two children while I complete internship 2, which is my final stage of the teaching program. This is giving me the opportunity to not worry about money and focus on developing myself as an educator. This scholarship will also help me with purchasing the materials I will be using to teach my lessons this fall. Allowing me to create fun and engaging activities for my kindergarten students. This leads me to ultimately completing my dream of becoming a teacher.
2. How did you hear about our scholarship?
I received an email from State Assessment through my UHCL email account.
3. Which university do you plan to attend or currently attend?
I currently attend University of Houston - Clear Lake.