TExEStest.org is committed to empowering our fellow educators. Because of this, we'd like to offer a $500 academic award to any student pursuing their undergraduate or graduate in order to become an early education teacher. The TExEStest.org Early Education Scholarship for Texas Teachers was created to help future educators along on the path to reach their future early education students.
General Scholarship Information
Scholarship Amount: $500
One Scholarship Awarded Annually
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
The winner of this award will be chosen based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university and plan on attending in the following year.
- High school seniors who are graduating and meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to become an early education teacher.
- Have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed in your degree.
- Agree to provide a digital photograph of self and a quote for display on TExEStest.org if chosen as the award winner by our selection committee.
Following the deadline, the winner will be notified and the award sent by check directly to the recipient's permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). Due to this, contest winners will need to provide TExEStest.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by TExEStest.org. The application process is completely online. Read the scholarship terms and conditions.
Resources for Early Education Teachers
Early childhood education is an important time for students, which makes early education teachers just as important. Many scholarships exist for those pursuing this career, which can help pay for tuition and school supplies. There will be exams to take in order to get certified as well. In Texas, that is the TExES exam. There are many resources out there to help you register and study for this exam, including study guides and practice TExES tests. For early education, you'll need to take the Core Subjects EC-6 exam to become certified to teach in this student demographic.