A student who is pursuing a degree to become a science teacher in Texas will be awarded $500 through this scholarship. As a part of TExEStest.org's mission to empower fellow educators we created the TExEStest.org Texas Science Teacher Scholarship.
General Scholarship Information
Scholarship Amount: $500
One Scholarship Awarded Annually
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
The winner of this award will be chosen based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited college or university and plan on attending in the following year.
- High school seniors who are graduating and meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to become a science teacher.
- Have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed in your degree.
- Agree to provide a digital photograph of self and a quote for display on TExEStest.org if chosen as the award winner by our selection committee.
Following the deadline, the winner will be notified and the award sent by check directly to the recipient's permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). Due to this, contest winners will need to provide TExEStest.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
This academic award is provided by TExEStest.org through a fully online applicant. Full scholarship terms and conditions should be read prior to applying.
Resources for Future Science Teachers in Texas
Earning a college degree can be expensive, and it takes a lot of dedication and hard work along the way, which is why it's important for students to take advantage of scholarships and academic awards whenever possible. Academic awards can help students pay for tuition and school supplies while alleviating stress and allow for students to focus on their studies. Teaching is one of the most vital careers that exist, but there are additional costs associated with taking certification exams like the TExES tests. There are many resources available to help you not only register and prepare for teacher certification exams, but also resources available to help making earning your certification more affordable.